Glazed. Chocolate Glazed. Custard filled. Creme filled. Cruller. Cake. Donuts are one of my favorite things. And the list just got even longer now that I have discovered Dynamo Donuts at 24th Street in the Mission.
Over the weekend, I feasted on vanilla bean, coconut, lemon pistachio and maple glazed bacon apple. Okay, I know it’s a bit too much but you really can’t blame me. I was literally a kid in a donut store!
The saltiness of the little chunks of crispy bacon complements the sweetness of the maple glaze very well, which made the maple glazed bacon apple an instant favorite. And the lemon pistachio donut definitely tasted as good as it looked. The lemon icing and toasted pistachios were incredibly tasty. They have taken donuts to an entirely new level. Now, I can’t wait to go back and try their banana de leche, the donut is filled with dulce de leche and bananas and then tossed in sugar.
The coffee is equally tasty, too. Beans are from Four Barrel Coffee, which is also in the Mission. You can find Dynamo Donuts at 24th Street between York and Hampshire and Four Barrel Coffee at Valencia between 14th and 15th.
I want Jun-blog!Jun Belen is the voice behind Jun-blog, a mouthwatering and heart-warming journal of Filipino home cooking nominated for Best Culinary Blog by the IACP. Subscribe to Jun-Blog and receive new posts by email.
- How to Make Beef Salpicao
- How to Make Sinangag (Garlic Fried Rice)
- How to Make Coconut Jam Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies
- How to Make Sago and Gulaman Coolers
- How to Make Bagoong Fried Rice
- How to Make Chop Suey
- How to Make Daing na Bangus
- W is for Wansoy and How to Make Chicken Mami
- How to Make Pork Asado Siopao (Steamed Pork Buns)
- How to Make Gambas Al Ajillo (Garlic Shrimp)
- How to Make Taho (Silken Tofu with Sago Pearls and Brown Sugar Syrup)
- How to Make Oven-Roasted Kalua Pork