Glazed. Chocolate Glazed. Custard filled. Creme filled. Cruller. Cake. Donuts are one of my favorite things. And the list just got even longer now that I have discovered Dynamo Donuts at 24th Street in the Mission.
Over the weekend, I feasted on vanilla bean, coconut, lemon pistachio and maple glazed bacon apple. Okay, I know it’s a bit too much but you really can’t blame me. I was literally a kid in a donut store!
The saltiness of the little chunks of crispy bacon complements the sweetness of the maple glaze very well, which made the maple glazed bacon apple an instant favorite. And the lemon pistachio donut definitely tasted as good as it looked. The lemon icing and toasted pistachios were incredibly tasty. They have taken donuts to an entirely new level. Now, I can’t wait to go back and try their banana de leche, the donut is filled with dulce de leche and bananas and then tossed in sugar.
The coffee is equally tasty, too. Beans are from Four Barrel Coffee, which is also in the Mission. You can find Dynamo Donuts at 24th Street between York and Hampshire and Four Barrel Coffee at Valencia between 14th and 15th.
- The Scent of Garlic
- How to Make Skillet Calamansi Bars
- The Ritual of Cooking Rice
- How to Make Strawberry Shortcake
- How to Make Good Shepherd-Style Strawberry Jam
- Meet Our Flower Girls
- Z is for Zamboanga and How to Make Bagon de Gata
- How to Make Goldilocks Taisan (Filipino Sponge Loaf Cake)
- How to Make Fish Sarciado
- How to Make Calamansi and Lemongrass Roasted Chicken
- How to Make Sinigang na Hipon sa Sampalok (Shrimp Tamarind Soup)