Glazed. Chocolate Glazed. Custard filled. Creme filled. Cruller. Cake. Donuts are one of my favorite things. And the list just got even longer now that I have discovered Dynamo Donuts at 24th Street in the Mission.
Over the weekend, I feasted on vanilla bean, coconut, lemon pistachio and maple glazed bacon apple. Okay, I know it’s a bit too much but you really can’t blame me. I was literally a kid in a donut store!
The saltiness of the little chunks of crispy bacon complements the sweetness of the maple glaze very well, which made the maple glazed bacon apple an instant favorite. And the lemon pistachio donut definitely tasted as good as it looked. The lemon icing and toasted pistachios were incredibly tasty. They have taken donuts to an entirely new level. Now, I can’t wait to go back and try their banana de leche, the donut is filled with dulce de leche and bananas and then tossed in sugar.
The coffee is equally tasty, too. Beans are from Four Barrel Coffee, which is also in the Mission. You can find Dynamo Donuts at 24th Street between York and Hampshire and Four Barrel Coffee at Valencia between 14th and 15th.
- How to Make Pinipig Polvoron
- How to Make Apple Dumplings
- How to Help Typhoon Haiyan Victims
- How to Make Goldilocks Mamon (Filipino Sponge Cake)
- How to Make Beef Tapa
- Miss Blanche
- Y is for Yelo and How to Make Saba con Hielo
- How to Make Mocha Chiffon Roll with Mocha Buttercream Frosting
- Four Years
- How to Make Fresh Corn Soup
- How to Make Home-Cured Bacon