Peeps are adorable. The soft sugary crunch. Bright yellow and blue. Long soft bunny ears. Brown eyes and nose. And those often-flattened chick beaks.
But how do you take these delightful marshmallows up to the next level?
I love them just the way they are, straight out of cellophane-covered boxes, but I love them even more when they are dipped in delicious white chocolate and covered with colorful candy and sugar sprinkles. Okay, I have to admit that I got a little carried away when I made chocolate-dipped strawberries the other day. But, seriously, the delicious sugar-covered white chocolate layer adds flavor and texture to these bunnies and chicks and make them so much more delightful.
Place the white chocolate chips in a metal bowl and set the bowl over a pot of simmering water. The metal bowl should be big enough so that it sits on top of the pot without touching the water. Turn off the heat. Stir the chocolate from time to time until completely melted and smooth. Remove the bowl from the pot and set aside the melted chocolate.
Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper. Take a Peeps marshmallow bunny or chick and while gently grasping its adorable head dip its body in the melted white chocolate. Twirl it around to get it uniformly coated. Sprinkle the melted chocolate with either sugar or candy sprinkles.
The blue bunnies look handsome with blue sugar crystals while the yellow chicks look so pretty when decorated with multicolored candy sprinkles.
A final word, these treats will give you an unimaginable but wonderful sugar high. Happy Spring!
- Meet Our Flower Girls
- Z is for Zamboanga and How to Make Bagon de Gata
- How to Make Goldilocks Taisan (Filipino Sponge Loaf Cake)
- How to Make Fish Sarciado
- How to Make Calamansi and Lemongrass Roasted Chicken
- How to Make Sinigang na Hipon sa Sampalok (Shrimp Tamarind Soup)
- Happy 2014 from Jun-blog!
- How to Make Kutsinta
- How to Make Ginataang Kalabasa at Sitaw (Butternut Squash and Yard Long Beans in Coconut Milk)
- How to Make Pinipig Polvoron
- How to Make Apple Dumplings
- How to Help Typhoon Haiyan Victims