There are so many reasons why making your own corned beef brisket is so cool. One of them is being able to make Reuben sandwiches at home anytime of the year, Saint Paddy’s Day or not.
Reuben Sandwich Recipe
rye bread, sliced
Russian or Thousand Island dressing
corned beef (here is a link to learn how to make corned beef brisket, nitrate-free at home)
Butter a slice of rye bread and place the bread, buttered-side down, on a clean surface. Top with a slice of Swiss cheese and generous layers of thinly sliced corned beef.
Using paper towels, squeeze out excess moisture from the sauerkraut. Lay a good heap of sauerkraut on top of the corned beef and then top with Russian or Thousand Island dressing. Finally, top with another slice of Swiss cheese and then another slice of rye bread. Butter the side facing up.
Preheat a griddle or frying pan to medium heat. Toast the sandwiches on one side until the bread is golden brown. Use a spatula to carefully flip the sandwich over and then toast the other side. Cut the sandwiches in half and serve warm with salty and crispy french fries.
And, of course, don’t forget the pickle.
- Five Years
- The Scent of Garlic
- How to Make Skillet Calamansi Bars
- The Ritual of Cooking Rice
- How to Make Strawberry Shortcake
- How to Make Good Shepherd-Style Strawberry Jam
- Meet Our Flower Girls
- Z is for Zamboanga and How to Make Bagon de Gata
- How to Make Goldilocks Taisan (Filipino Sponge Loaf Cake)
- How to Make Fish Sarciado
- How to Make Calamansi and Lemongrass Roasted Chicken