There’s one image from the news feed back home that’s been etched in my mind from the moment I saw it. It’s a harrowing image of a young mother holding her two children in her arms. All three lying lifeless on the ground blanketed in mud and dirt.
My heart aches for my country. Her misfortunes are too much to bear. They come one after the other. There was the magnitude-7.1 earthquake last month, there there’s this deadly typhoon, the strongest on record, right after. The news and images of the ravaged countryside are too heartbreaking.
Please be generous and give as much as you can. This is the least we can do to help her.
- Meet Our Flower Girls
- Z is for Zamboanga and How to Make Bagon de Gata
- How to Make Goldilocks Taisan (Filipino Sponge Loaf Cake)
- How to Make Fish Sarciado
- How to Make Calamansi and Lemongrass Roasted Chicken
- How to Make Sinigang na Hipon sa Sampalok (Shrimp Tamarind Soup)
- Happy 2014 from Jun-blog!
- How to Make Kutsinta
- How to Make Ginataang Kalabasa at Sitaw (Butternut Squash and Yard Long Beans in Coconut Milk)
- How to Make Pinipig Polvoron
- How to Make Apple Dumplings
- How to Help Typhoon Haiyan Victims