Honey is a great way to have kids excited about eating.
Honey and peanut butter sandwiches are always a huge hit among kids, and big kids, too. Delicious layers of crystallized honey and creamy peanut butter sandwiched between slices of tasty crustless white bread always hit the spot.
But here’s another simple way to enjoy honey as a snack: fresh bananas drizzled with honey and covered with sliced almonds. Or try coconut or chocolate sprinkles, too. This will satisfy anyone’s healthy sweet tooth, guaranteed.
Liquid or Crystallized?
Honey stored in a cool dry place will crystallize. If you need liquid honey to drizzle over food, immerse the jar or squeeze bottle in a pot of simmering water over low heat. The crystallized honey will slowly liquefy.
I want Jun-blog!Jun Belen is the voice behind Jun-blog, a mouthwatering and heart-warming journal of Filipino home cooking nominated for Best Culinary Blog by the IACP. Subscribe to Jun-Blog and receive new posts by email.
- How to Make Coconut Jam Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies
- How to Make Sago and Gulaman Coolers
- How to Make Bagoong Fried Rice
- How to Make Chop Suey
- How to Make Daing na Bangus
- W is for Wansoy and How to Make Chicken Mami
- How to Make Pork Asado Siopao (Steamed Pork Buns)
- How to Make Gambas Al Ajillo (Garlic Shrimp)
- How to Make Taho (Silken Tofu with Sago Pearls and Brown Sugar Syrup)
- How to Make Oven-Roasted Kalua Pork
- How to Make Ginataang Bilo-Bilo (Sticky Rice Dumplings in Coconut Milk)
- Happy 2013 from Jun-blog!